You may heard a lot of times when someone says, have your site has already been optimized? Do you need to hire a SEO Analyst to help your site for a better search result?
Well they are talking about SEO. It stands for Search Engine Optimization. The SEO analysts usually will review your site and perform some keyword search and then determine which keywords are related to your site. Let's say you are a plumber and you live in Sydney City, you want your site to be listed on the first page of Google, if they search for Keyword Plumber Sydney.
Is it a good idea to hire SEO person to optimize my site?
It depends, before you hire SEO person to help you out, you may want to ask them couple questions below:
- How long they have been in this industry?
- What sort of strategies or online marketing they will use for your site?
- Will they follow up the Google Search Engine Guidelines? Note: we use google in this context, as they are the most search engine used around the world.
- What kind of results you expected and when they can deliver it.
- What will be the cost, is it going to be based 1 to 6 months duration?
One of the most valuable thing is cost and time. If you reckon you do not have time to do and the cost is not so important, then hiring a SEO will be a good option otherwise you may want to think to do it yourself. Cost of SEO may vary between $200-$2000 per package duration (it can be 1 month or up to 6 months).
In the next chapter of SEO, you will learn the basic of it and how you can implement the basic knowledge to your site. And who knows, one day you can be an SEO Expert as well.